Thursday, August 11, 2011

Jabal Hussein

Last Friday night, I went to Jabal Hussein, the neighborhood/hill located to the north of Abdali, in order to look for a backpack for my trip to Wadi Hassa (previously blogged).

Jabal Hussein is known as a shopping district for regular Jordanians, especially for clothes.

I left around 8:30 pm, so the streets were still pretty empty as everyone was celebrating Iftar.  After joking around with the local cops, I walked towards Jabal Hussein.


The roads are still empty


Bakery


Mannequins - trying out for a Robert Palmer video


The main traffic circle in Jabal Hussein - things picked up as it got later


Street vendors preparing for the night




After buying the backpack (no John Cena, sadly), I walked around the area 
and met this group of street vendors selling small carpets.  They bought me a coke!




Isn't this Haram?


Some of the street vendors sold toys, others sold clothes, or towels, or carpets, or even perfume


Turns out that this shop is a perfumerie - 
I was invited in and shown a few samples.  No sale.



Scored some cheap fireworks from a street vendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment